• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I take this to Small Claims?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cincin

What is the name of your state? Nevada.

I went and set up 2 joint credit cards with a good friend in Hawaii. These cards were used solely by her. Credit cards bills were sent to directly to her to handle. She was paying at least the minimum payment on both cards and began to pay it after the due date. To top it off, she exceeded the credit limit on one card.

We spoke and she said that would pay for the credit cards, but she was having a hard time financially (her boyfriend quit or was fired from his job). So i had the credit card company send all bills back to me so that i could take care of it. I didn't need this to go on my credit report too so i transferred the balances to one of my credit cards b/c the APR was now sky high. I paid them off, and am trying to get my money back.

I doublechecked with the credit card companies and the total when i transferred the balances was a little under $2000. This does not include the amount of interest that has accumulated on my own credit card after i transferred it.

To add on to this, we all moved to Vegas together. Well to cut things short, it didn't work out and she moved back to hawaii. Before they left, i told her that the final utility bills didn't come in. So now she owes me an additional $100 dollars for utilities.

I have so far emailed her a letter explaining how much she owes me with no response. I have seen her on-line and am certain that she checks her email. I've tried to send her a letter to her parent's apartment through certified mail, but it was returned to me b/c they couldn't deliver it.

I just went on-line trying to find her new address in Hawaii (through those people locators website). Someone told me to try and get her a new address and demand payment for what she owes me from the credit cards, utilities, interest that i paid, & a 10% interest since i paid it off.

Oh, one more thing. She sister called her (without my knowledge) and she told my sister that she would pay it off. I don't know if that'll help anything or not.

If someone could PLEASE help me with this problem. I don't know what else i can do. Do you think i have a good chance on winning this if i take it to small claims court? She has been giving me the run around and i am slowly losing my patience.

Thanks reading this horribly long explanation.

Cindy

I'm sorry this was so long...didn't know how to make this any shorter without getting the whole picture.

HELP!

Cindy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">