• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what grounds do I have

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lajuan

What is the name of your state? Alabama
My ex had a court order to pay insurance and for the last 3 years he had not paid. So I added the children to my insurance can I sue him for the money since he won't reimburse me.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

lajuan said:
What is the name of your state? Alabama
My ex had a court order to pay insurance and for the last 3 years he had not paid. So I added the children to my insurance can I sue him for the money since he won't reimburse me.
My response:

You can do one of two things:

1. Sue in Small Claims court on a Breach of Contract theory; or,

2. File an Order to Show Cause Re: Contempt of Court in the Family law court where the order was first made.

IAAL

L

lajuan

How long to I have to file this? Have I waited to long? The order was done 02-11-99 and he finally got the insurance in 2000. But since I have put them on my insurance and I pay and he reimburse me but has recently stop. I have proof of where he has reimbursed me can I use that is court. The copy of the money order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">