• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI arrest when BAC .01% and not driving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cf59673

What is the name of your state? California

I was driving and pulled over to rest at a rest stop.
Sometime later, an officer approached me, claiming to be performing a welfare check, and asked many harrassing and pointed questions about how much I had to eat, drink, etc. Then he asked me to get out of the car and perform field sobriety tests.
He declared that I failed the tests and arrested me and threw me in jail. I opted for a blood alcohol test in lieu of a breath test.

I did have a few drinks much earlier in the evening, but had sobered up almost completely before driving.

My blood alcohol was 0.01% The DUI limit is 0.08%.
On my court date, I was told by the clerk that I could go home and no charges would be filed. They gave me no paperwork saying that I was acquitted or dismissed. I got my license back.

I consider this false arrest and false imprisonment.
Is there some way I can get the arrest record cleared ?
I have never been arrested and have a perfectly clean DMV and no criminal record.

Is there some way I can recover my monetary losses from my car being towed and stored, and the monies paid to retain an attorney ?

J

jimmyv

yes there is.. by retaiing your attorney he should be able to get the local police department to reimburse you for those costs. they usually will due to the fact that the arresting officer screwed up and violated many rights of yours. not just arresting you !!

C

CombatTN88

But still

Still, you ought to be grateful that you don't have DUI conviction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">