• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice on Tennessee Law (Drunk Driving, Open Container, and Minor)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CombatTN88

What is the name of your state? TENNESSEE

Whom it may concern,
Thank for taking your time to read my legal situation. The purpose of doing this is to ask a few questions based on my story to see what the Tennessee law is. Another purpose is to
show your comments to my friend whom is also involved in this.

It all began last Saturday night which my friend and I went out in his truck to buy a 12 pack of Shiner Bock. Since our wives do not like us to drink, so we decided to drink somewhere else. We went over to the apartment complex parking lot and sat in his truck
drinking beers and talking.

Two boys around 16 years old pulled in by us. My friend was stupid by calling to that boy to come over. I said, what you doing? He said, wait to see. The boy happened to see beer
sitting on my friend's lap. My friend gave two boys two beers to shut them up. I told him NO, but he disobeyed me. In a few minutes later, boys parents got home and were standing outside with boys which boys showed them their beer bottles and pointed to us. I told my friend to get hell out of here. My friend said not to worry because his father in law is a cop which would excuse us, but I know for the fact that it is not true.

We got out of here and then he went back to the liquor store and bought 12 packs of Coors Light. My friend was driving drunk and drinking beer while he drove. I told him to go over my home. I rather to drink at my home than in car at some apartment complex.

Okay. I have a few questions that I would like to ask regarding Tennessee law. By the way, we both are over 21 years old.

1) For sure, he can be charged for DUI. But can I be charged for DUI as a passenger?

2) Can we both be charged for open container? If so, what is the penalty?

3) Can he or me be charged for giving beer to a minor even if I was totally against that? If so, what is the penalty?

4) Can we be charged for public intoxication in my yard? If so, what is the penalty?

5) Can neighbor call police on us if neigbor sees us drinking in MY YARD? I mean, can we be arrested for that?

6) Do my friend's father in law whom is a cop have an authority to excuse us?

Thank for taking your time to answer my questions. I will use your comments for my future reference.

Sincerely, Combat
[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">