• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Strange ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crleslie

What is the name of your state? CA
2 weeks ago I parked in a field to walk to the beach. There were no signs posted that I couldn't park there, no roadblocks or signs saying I couldn't be there, people were walking their dogs and riding bikes in the field, so I thought it was ok. I got a ticket for no front plate (just a fix-it ticket, no biggie) and "parking near a fire hydrant". There is no fire hydrant within at least a mile of this place. In the comments section, the officer wrote that the area was posted "no parking", which it wasn't. There isn't a sign anywhere in this field or at the entrance, anywhere. This ticket was given by the sheriff's department, if it matters. I plan on contesting it, but I was just wondering if an officer is allowed to give a ticket for something that is clearly false - the non-existant fire hydrant.

C

CombatTN88

crleslie said:
What is the name of your state? CA
2 weeks ago I parked in a field to walk to the beach. There were no signs posted that I couldn't park there, no roadblocks or signs saying I couldn't be there, people were walking their dogs and riding bikes in the field, so I thought it was ok. I got a ticket for no front plate (just a fix-it ticket, no biggie) and "parking near a fire hydrant". There is no fire hydrant within at least a mile of this place. In the comments section, the officer wrote that the area was posted "no parking", which it wasn't. There isn't a sign anywhere in this field or at the entrance, anywhere. This ticket was given by the sheriff's department, if it matters. I plan on contesting it, but I was just wondering if an officer is allowed to give a ticket for something that is clearly false - the non-existant fire hydrant.
Tell that to the judge

Take a few Polarid pictures of the area where you parked. Show that there is no fire hyrant and no evidence of NO PARKING sign where you parked your car. You should be able to get that tossed out.

Good Luck, Combat

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">