• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a wife be added as co-plaintiff after SCC trial date set?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

spike1951

What is the name of your state? Florida, Seminole county

Question: After a trial date has been set in Seminole County Small Claims court, can I add my wife as a plaintiff with me in the suit?

Reason:

My wife is extremely sick with a Chronic illness and force to remain in bed 90% of every day. For that reason, I left her name off my suit as a plaintiff because of stress and her inability to fully participate. Since Judge Sloop allows parties to participate over the phone, she may be able to be a co-plaintiff. It would definitely improve our case.

Thanks for any help

PS. No offense to you lawyers but if a person represents yourself, large company lawyers sure try to indimitate you with multiple motions and legal language. They even "misquote" the detailed statement of claim that I submitted and use it to send the Judge a motion to dismiss. It seems they don't feel you deserve a trial, like they know the law and there is no reason to present your case to the judge. I'm glad the judge makes the decisions not the lawer, in my case!

S

spike1951

Yes

I called the clerk and they said that I could. There is a hearing soon at which I may ask the judge how to add my wife as plainiff.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">