• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uncle After Everything

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wc8nascargirl

What is the name of your state? Florida

My grandmother passed away a while ago and before she went into the hospital she had drawn up a power of attorney and a new will. Well a week after drawing this up she went to the hospital. The next day i went to the lawyer to get the papers and take them to the hosptial so that she could sign them. Well when i returned to the hospital she was in a coma and couldnt sign anything.

My mother then explained to my uncle*her brother) that there was a will and power of attorney that wasnt signed but its what my grandmother wanted everyone to have and he told her in the hospital that he wouldnt contest the unsigned will. Now 6 months after the passing he comes to my mother stating that he wants everything that is entitled to him. My grandmother had my mothers name put on the house in case something ever happend to her. Well now that she is gone. My mothers name is on the deed to the house and no one elses. My uncle hasnt been to see my grandmother in 10 years never came over or anything. I moved in with her to take care of her. I need someone to tell me what can we do to keep my uncle from getting what my grandmother didnt want him to have.

Misty McCoy:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">