• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Very Confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bettmidler

What is the name of your state? New York State.I am one executor of an in-laws estate, had a lawyrt both of us executors were useing, this lawyer wwithdrew from the case due to squabbling etc, nothing had been settled or resolved at time of withdrawal, he wrote and said we should BOTH get new lawyers to settle the estate, I hired a lawyer as I am not familiar or do not have any legal training to proceed with the finalization of this estate. His fees I was told have to come out of the estate expenses, other executor does not want to pay these bills and has threatened to go to court, is the estate responsible for these bills???Please help!

ALawyer

I see why the other lawyer withdrew.

This is one in which the lawyer you retained should go to court on his/her and your behalf and have the court rule he should get paid. Let the other executor object IN COURT, as the Surrogate probably will see how impossible he has become and perhaps be amenable to removing him as executor.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">