• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sold concert tickets to a show which was canceled halfway through

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jaybert

What is the name of your state? TX

Hi, I just had a quick legal question regarding my responsibilities.
I sold tickets (which I paid $308 for) to a Britney Spears concert in Lubbock, TX for ~$700. The concert was canceled after a few songs due to power issues. I just received a request from the buyer for me to refund the entire $700. I have agreed to refund the $308 which the ticket company will be refunding to my credit card. The tickets were originally posted on ebay for sale but there was no transaction through ebay. She emailed me and we agreed on a set price so I canceled the auction and she sent paypal. She took delivery of the tickets (have proof via signed fedex package). Do I have any legal obligations to refund her all the money?

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">