• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question About Executor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tenksmiles

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? TN
I am wanting to find out what the laws are and how strict they are concerning someone who was appointed executor that has had felony charges. He did some jail time and is currently serving probation. He will be on probation for the next 12 months which will end his 8 year probation period. Everything I have found that lists the requirements of being an executor says that they must be 18 years or older, a U.S. Citizen, and never having been convicted of a felony. He is over 18, is a U.S. Citizen, but also fulfills the felony part also.
Another question I have is about the Attorney that the executor plans to use for probate. When an Attorney is probating the estate under the executor, is he working for the other kids equally, as far as is he looking out for their best interests also? Could there be a conflict of interest if he is already working a workman's case for the executor? Just curious and cautious. Thanks in advance for any advice that can be given.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">