• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Smaill Claims from Ca to TX

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

austinid2k

What is the name of your state? Hello. I live in Texas and my ex girlfriend lives in California. I have been paying her $54 a month for a phone bill that I accumlated on her cell phone account for the past several months. We have a written agreement that pretty much says that if I keep paying her as agreed to she won't take me to small claims court and if she does without me violating the agreement then the agreement is off. This is signed by both parties. She is now wanting to file a claim against me because I won't talk to her despite the fact that I am paying her. She says she has a lawyer giving her advice. What research I've been able to come up with states that in order to file a small claims in Ca that the person must be served in California. Is this true? Am I safe from being filed upon by her? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">