• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I find out who to sue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

skygoddess

What is the name of your state? FL
I am having to sue a previous landlord for not returning my security deposit. How do I find out who to sue? I know his name and the name of his business but I don't know if he is the owner or if he co-owns. He might even be the property manager for all I know. I do know that all corrospondence has been with this one person but I believe I remember him talking about at partner. I want to make sure that I'm filing against the right person so that it doesn't get thrown out of court on me.

J

JenniferH

Check your agreement and what does it say??? Is there a company name involved in the rental agreement?

S

skygoddess

Thanks for your reply JenniferH, my rental agreement was with the previous owner. This property was bought by a different company in the 3rd year of my living at that address. Do you think I would sue the company or the owner?

JETX

Contact the local tax assessor or appraiser in the county where the property is located. They will show the information on the current owner. Verify that the listed owner owned the property at the time that you vacated. That is the person (or persons) you should name in your suit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">