• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DWI - grounds for dismissal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Phil111

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I was recently charged with a DWI. I have learned so far that in the state of VA, prior to doing the breath test, the officer must advice you of your right to observe the process of the test. This was not done. The officer at the station simply said "have you burped or regurgitated" "ok blow". She signed the certificate stating that she had however. Also, the arresting officer stated his probable cause for stopping me was that I was "swerving", which I believe I wasn't. In both incidences it seems thier word vs. mine. Are either of these grounds for dismissal and if so, what is considered proof? Or should I try a plea bargain?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">