• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wills when there are 2

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mary freeland

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? north carolina. my mother passed recently and there are 2 wills the 2nd. revoking the 1st. my elder brother has placed the 1st. will in probate before allowing the 2nd. to be put in probate he was aware of the 2nd. will and disagreed with content mother was legally comptent and will was prepared in the presence of the attorney with notary present before mother passed she entered the hospital needed feeding tube dr. informed children mother was compent and able to choose for herself mother choose no tube. the elder brother gains nothing from the 1st will home would have gone to the younger brother. my mother had lived with my sister for 9 yrs. non-ambulatory due to open heart surgery and stroke while younger brother lived in home free of charge, sister that mother lived with had power of attorney. how nad what must my sister and i do the attorney that prepared the will promised to file will with the courts and did not now will take the case for 3.000.

ALawyer

I don't want to get in the middle of this family fued, but if the first will has been filed for probate, and there is a second, it is incumbent on you to make a timely objection to admission of the first to probate and to file the second.

You'd likely need an attorney and if your don't like the attorney who drew the will because he wants $3000, get another attorney. The one who has possession must turn it over, and has no right to keep it. At the very least the probate court can compell its presentation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">