• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will and dad's girlfriend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bmjeanne2

What is the name of your state? new york
my stepdad recently passed away suddenly, he was living with his girlfriend of (17 years),now she claims she was his wife, when he passed. i was never informed by stepdad that he got married, we talked on the phone all the time(i live in florida). my brother(his only son) was informed(by dad's girlfriend) that my stepdad's will was at the lawyer's office and he would have to wait for the lawyer's call to see the will. in the mean time, my stepdad's girlfriend is giving away my stepdad's clothes, electric guitar and other personnel possessions. can she do this? before the will is read. can my brother stop her from giving away any more stuff. can my brother get back stuff that she gave away. i really do not know my dad's girlfriend, she appears to me to be a very nice woman, but i do not want my brother hurt. i live in florida, so i do not know all the facts. but i do believe, she is giving away dad's stuff way to soon. i think she should wait for the will to be read, before she gives away any more stuff.
thanks
bmjeanne2

Y

yoyoma

TODAY.....get a hold of the lawyer and the GF and put a stop to this ...

she is treading on dangerous grounds.

she cannot sell or distibute anything UNLESS she is named as the exceutrix of the will!

Get on a flight to NY TODAY.........this is important the gf could be charged with a criminal act.

She has NO claims to be his wife UNLESS they signed everything as Mr and Mrs__________

The will is the only thing that matters and by the looks of it, she is selling stuff to raise cash, since he never changed the will to include her.

So get off you AZZZZZ take some vacation days off and get here to NY pronto!

PS ..the same goes for your brother get his AZZZ to the lawyers office TODAY!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">