• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got BURNED in SCC hearing - OUCH!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

spike1951

What is the name of your state? Florida

Just like "Nolo.com" recommended book says, Lawyers will try to overwhelm you with motions. I'm representing myself against a large company and they setup a hearing and hit me with 5 motions. Lost 3. tied 1, won 1.

I am to conclude that SCC judges don't want anything complex, but if it's complex and small money, there is no where else to go.

The Judge wants 1/2 sentence answers which I was taught in English class are a no-no, but not in the Judges chambers!

Bottom line, companies in this case, Doctor's in malpractice, can hurt you in little (to them) ways, bad/big to you and there is no recourse because the legal system in Civil court is too expensive and SCC doesn't want the case!

I was equiped with the truth but got shot down, so what good is being right.

The judge left me one little item so I am still in the game and probably better off with our legal system, but have to cut out 80% of my case.

I made a simple offer to them to avoid their legal costs by simply writing a letter explaining what really happened. If they take it OK, if not, I'll pay a lawyer to simplify my case and write it in legal language and should have a better than 50-50 chance at trial.

Advice: Don't take a case with a lot of details to SCC, I wasted so much of my time. Won't do it again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">