• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Very technical question NEED EXPERT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

spike1951

STILL NEED EXPERT -- Very technical question

What is the name of your state? Florida

In SCC, if you drop a case twice you can not bring it up again.

I have a case, with two claims, say claim A and claim B.

Three months ago, I dropped my case without prejudice, with claim A and claim B in the suit.

I started the case a month ago (second time), at a hearing, the Judge dismissed my case B without prejudice.

I plan to go on with the case claim A which is a simple case.

Case B is much more complex.

QUESTION: Since I only dropped the claim B once, but the judge dismissed claim B without prejudice, can I bring up a case with claim B again later? Or did one drop for me and one by the judge use up my two chances to drop, so I can not bring it up again?

Thanks

Last edited:

stephenk

Depends on the type of cases that were dropped. What is the statute of limitations on your cases?

Why did you keep filing and dropping the same claims?

S

spike1951

Only dropped case once to try to resolve without legal suit

I dropped it once but had two claims in the statement of claim.

No problem with the statute of limitations.

One case revolves around simply a bill for money that I paid, case A.

the second takes proving libel, which in Florida can be in SCC but is a much harder case to win. The judge dismissed it this second time because it is libel against my wife and I did not include her a plaintiff because of a severe illness which would keep her from participating. That is why the judge dismissed it with out prejudice because I can not bring a claim for my wife.

Does that answer your questions.

PS I had no luck resolving the issue with the company after I dropped the case so I started a new one

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">