• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

asset division

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wall flower

What is the name of your state? Indiana. I just filed for divorce a week ago. X 2 B still in house won't leave. Married 20 yrs. 2 kids. We want to move back to our hometown ASAP. When will they split some of our asset so I can get my 1/2 of bond $, saving account $ etc.So we can get some peace.. Ex is alcoholic and week-ends we dread!!!Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!He works at military base sherriff won't serve papers there. He doesn't stick around long enough to get served here. Won't pick up papers on his own at sherriff office. What now????

D

dorenephilpot

These are all questions that your attorney, who is familiar with all the facts and circumstances of your individual case, should be able to answer for you.

This person is being paid to work for you. Ask those questions to him/her.

Best of luck to you!

vrzirn

Have the papers served by a private process server who will be more aggressive than the sheriff. Ask your attorney to file a restraining order to get your husband out of the house.
Ensure your assets are positioned so your husband cannot remove them. Close down the credit cards. Keep accurate and detailed records and receipts.
There is no hurry-up with a divorce. It moves along at it's own pace. The more bickering over various issues, the longer it takes.
Ask other questions of your attorney.

S

selinauno

i agree with the last post, Get a restraining order to keep him away from you so you will be safe. i filed pro-se and since i don't know where my husband is, ( i came home from work in december and he and his stuff was all gone. he emailed and said he has wanted to do something all his life and did not feel he could do it with a wife and kids)... so i just paid $55.00 to have the notice put in the legal newspaper that my city requires. that is all you have to do. if he does not see it, tough! it sounds like you have done more than enough to get it through his head that you want a divorce. so just do it the publication way. (default divorce).check with the clerks office of your city and see if you can do it that way. they helped me alot while i was filing mine
good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">