• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP Desperate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Roann

What is the name of your state? New York

We purchased a car for my daughter. It went to the shop supposedly needing some kind of gasket. The mechanic was a friend of the ex owner and was going to fix it for nothing.
Nothing turned into the car needing a Turbo, after much searching we found one for $500.00. The car wound up in the shop for 6months, we went from the car going to be fixed free labor ( favor to ex owner) to being told it would be $200.00, $250.00 then $300.00 to finally $400.00, he told us he would work out a payment plan with my daughter, she showed up with $200.00 of the money and was told he wanted all of the money at that moment. She called me I let them charge my bank card for the $207.00 balance. My daughter drove the car home then to school the next day. On he way home the car started blowing oil and smoking. The car was towed again, we are now told that the valve cover gasket was not put on and the turbo was not installed correctly (more money) I called the the shop and spoke with the mechanic who fixed it tild him what happened. He became loud and very rude so I hung up and told him I would see him in court.

Mechanic where we have the car now has said he would got to court with us and testify that the work was not done correctly.
Do we have a case? Thanks:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">