• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

impound rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

robodm91

What is the name of your state? arizona i gave up trying to fix my truck when the engine started knocking. i took it to a mechanic to see what he could do. i told him about the engine knock and he said it was an exhaust leak so i told him i could spend between $500 and $1000 to fix some other things on the truck. He runs it up to $960 and calls me and says there is a knock in the engine and he recommends replacement. i would never have had him do any work on the leaks and everything else if he hadn't told me the engine was fine. now he is holding my truck for payment and will soon be having it impounded. i'll pay the mechanic but i can't come up with the money up front for a truck i can't drive. does he have the right to hold my truck with no signed work order from me and if so, does the impound have the right to hold my truck and keep racking up storage fees?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">