• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

military annulment or divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

snowqueen

What is the name of your state? North Carolina
i married at the age of 17 to a boy age 19 about 2 months ago. Due to his verbal abuse(name calling,constant checking up all night long on the phone asking who im with)i now want a annulment or divorce. would this qualify for a annulment and how hard would it be since he is in the army.

usmcfamily

Annulment has NOTHING to do with legnth of marriage -- it is only an option if the marriage was entered into under duress or as a result of fraud. You will need to file for a divorce....
Regarding the military issue - really a military divorce is no more complicated than one from a civillian husband.....you can go to JAG for general information but they will not represent either of you - if you need an attorney you will have to find one outside of the military.

S

snowqueen

to usmcfamily
i thank you for your reply. Why you got so rude about it i have no idea. i am only 17 and there are NO children involved.Im not much more than a child myself. Sorry to have offended you

usmcfamily

I am sorry you took my response to your ? as rude - that was most certainly not my intention. If it was the "yelling" (all caps) I was not yelling at you but only trying to emphasize the points that are important.

S

snowqueen

to usmcfamily
I am sorry for being so rude myself to you. I mistakenly took it the wrong way and I appologise. I thank you for your advice.I'm just upset over this. My soon to be exhusband,which I found out tonight,had changed his profile to single and looking before I even told him I wanted a divorce. In all...he married me to get more money out of the military to live on plus money from my job to party on. I do truly appologise

usmcfamily

You are going through an incredibly stressful time right now - it is perfectly natural for you to take things in ways other than what they are meant......so don't aplologize! :) I am sorry to hear that things turned out so badly for you ......... :(

P

pj_57

You can go to the Legal office and they will help you fill out the papers. I know from experience (Camp Pendleton) that they will help you as long as it is a straight forward "uncontested divorce". Once it is contested, they back off.

usmcfamily

which goes back to me stating that they provide "information" but will not represent either party...........the will advise but are unable to legally involve themselves

P

pj_57

I don't know which service your spouse is in, but you can check the JAG site for any branch. Just put the branch and and Legal Office in the search engine and it will find it. i.e. Navy Legal Office. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">