• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

5 hours in SCC, eek

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

a neighbor

What is the name of your state? Maryland/well now Washington DC

The Motion to Dismiss went before the judge, first one in, and the last one out. I found it unsettling that although I was prepared, the attorney suing me didn't have a direct answer as to why the case should be kept in DC and not Maryland. So the judge heard other cases, and took 5 hours to find him one! hmmm I'm not an attorney but something sounds fishy?!?!?

So 30 days to submit a countersuit, and the case is to be heard on Aug 30. :eek:

And they say there's justice?!?!?

S

spike1951

I don't think Judges like people representing themselves

I am in a similar situation, though as the plaintiff. I am going against a local branch of a National company with two lawyers on the case. I keep getting "put down by the judge" because I don't have all my "t's" crossed and "i's" dotted, while the lawyers get the judge's reading time. I countered some motions of theirs and he read the lawyer's motion but was just skimming mine as we went into the hearing. He looks at me, and says "what is this?" maybe if he read it, he'd know!

Forget about justice. I mentioned justice once at the pre trial, and the Judge said something like "what's justice, what do you mean?. It's not a matter of being right, just following all legal terms, according to lawyer's "hidden" points of the law.

It may be a peoples court if neither is a lawyer, but if one is a lawyer, it a court of law and damn the people!

Think that I am in the process of being burned but still hoping the truth is enough. We'll see.

Good luck!:mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">