• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My used car sucks!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

IhateCars

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

I bought a 95 Corsica, 'As Is' about 2 weeks ago from a used car, buy here pay here, lot. I thought I thought of everything. My mechinic wasn't in that day, so they stated that their mechanic wasn't either, but if i were to bring the car in on the weekend, they'd "work with me (even then the statement made me think twice)".
Two days later I took it to my mechanic and he simply said that everything under the hood needed work (the engine, belts, radiator, fan, battery, etc.). Even the sticker that you recieve when you get your oil changed hadn't been changed in about a year and a half.
Well, the next day it ran hot, began to smoke and died. I called the dealership, who basically said that I'm up [crap] creek, and the only way they'd fix it is if I finance the work through them, paying half upfront, which knowing the situation wouldn't be a problem but due to not having a vehicle, I was fired.
I just made my first payment Friday, and I have about $4,000 more to pay on a car that doesn't work. Any advice?:mad:

B

Bonni623

Buy here pay here is a rip off!

It truly is a shame, people with not so perfect credit end up getting not so perfect merchandise. I do not agree with the previous posts about never buying a used car, if it is a certified used car with a reasonable warranty, there is nothing wrong with that.

Most of these buy here pay here lots though, sell cars to people who can't get fincanced on a new car, and they take advantage of that, and you end up with a junk car, that was probably wrecked before you owned it!

Get a carfax report, and if that vehicle was totaled in the past, and they "forgot" to report it on the title, they could be in serious trouble.

I work for motor vehicle, and here in my state, it's against the law for anyone to sell a salvage car to anyone without telling them first. It is definately fraud if they sold you a salvage car, with a clean title!

don't forget, get a carfax report, and get a lawyer!

Good luck!:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">