• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is a Chinadoll Affidavit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

Obie1

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I have been sent a copy of a document by my ex-wifes attorney, which he filed in Superior Court. The document is called a "Chinadoll Affidavit". This document outlines his qualifications to practice law in the State of Arizona, his fees, and an itomized list of what he is charging for.

What is the purpose of this affidavit, and what do I need to do, if anything, to respond to this (I am acting as my own attorney since I can not afford one).

S

selinauno

i just looked it up on the internet and i cannot find it anywhere. i know you don't want to call the attorney's office and make him think you don't know what you are doing and then he might stick it to you. but maybe you could call a different attorney's office and ask the receptionist this question without giving your name. maybe they could tell you. sorry i could n't help. i just filed pro-se also. good luck

D

dorenephilpot

We don't do those in Indiana, but my guess is that it's one of these two things:

1. That state requires the attorney to submit that information in every case in which he enters an appearance.

or

2. The attorney is setting things up in order to ask the court for you to be ordered to pay his attorney fees for your spouse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">