• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dating before divorce

• Thread starter dazedandconfuse
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dazedandconfuse

What is the name of your state? oklahoma

I have been married for 3 years and seperated from him for 1 year. I was curious if it is okay to date again before the divorce or do I have to wait until after?

D

dazedandconfuse

Ok, I do have a 3 year old and a 7 mnth old baby, both his, but why would it complicate things? He doesn't call to see them or even want anything to do with them.

usmcfamily

Because it can give him something to bring up in court if he chooses to try and make things difficult..........I know that may sound silly to you but it really can become an issue if he chooses to make it one.
The best thing to do, for all of you (you, your children and your new b/f) is to wait until you are divorced so that it is not an issue for anyone.......

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
usmcfamily said:
Because it can give him something to bring up in court if he chooses to try and make things difficult..........I know that may sound silly to you but it really can become an issue if he chooses to make it one.
The best thing to do, for all of you (you, your children and your new b/f) is to wait until you are divorced so that it is not an issue for anyone.......
Exactly... and the courts *do* often have more of a problem with Mom dating before the divorce than with Dad.

And, in all honesty, right now your focus should be on helping your kids get through the divorce and not your social life. This is a tough enough time for them, and they don't need to deal with the confusion of a boyfriend, too. JMO, of course.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">