• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If she left, can she move back in?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

onesuch

What is the name of your state? new york
after i discovered she had been having multiple affairs my wife moved out and got her own apartment. it's been 9 months and now she says she is going to move back in. can she do that if i don't want her to?

JETX

Is this a leased property?? If so, is her name on the lease?? If it is, then she has legal right to tenancy... just like you. However, I would contact the landlord and sign a new lease without her name. Be sure to have the landlord void the previous lease (you may have issues with deposit paid, etc.).

If this is a private residence, is her name on the title?? If so, then she again has certain rights to the property.

O

onesuch

It's a private home and both of our names are on the deed. I know she has a right to her equity, but can she really just move back in whenever she wants?

JETX

I know it sounds 'unfair', but she is an equal owner of the property.... and has the same rights to residency as you do.

O

onesuch

Thanks for the info Halket, I guess I knew that would be the answer, just didn't want to believe it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">