• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sandan

What is the name of your state? Nebraska

My 17-year-old daughter has been dating "Tyler" for almost a year. His mother does not like my daughter, for reasons unclear to my daughter, and through a third party said she was going to get someone to kick my daughter's ass. When my daughter told me this, I called her right away. She denied it but told me she was getting a restraining order to keep my daughter away from "Tyler." She called the police on me and they told me not to call her again. This was my first time I called her. I was not mean to her, I justed wanted her to stop. The police acted as though she was the victim. She continuously goes to my daughter's place of employment (fast food restaurant) goes inside and eats, some times being completely childish. My daughter had rods placed in her back when she was 9 yrs old. Her dad and I are worried. This woman obviously does not have all her marbles. What do we do as parents? Do we get a restraining order placed on her? Help

stephenk

You seem more worried than your daughter. Is she complaining about Tyler's mom?

Has your daughter told what her boyfriend thinks of the way his mom is acting. If he thinks his mom isnt doing anything wrong, maybe your daughter should date someone else.

Your daughter is only 17, she is too young to be in a serious relationship. Tell her to start dating other guys.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">