• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

am i responsible for astranged husband's debts?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

selinauno

What is the name of your state? INDIANA

i came home from work on 12-10-01 and my husband and all his belongings were GONE... he emails me, however he will not tell me where he is or what he is doing.. he just says he left because he has wanted to do something all his life and did not feel he could do it with a wife and kid.
i just filed for divorce pro-se last week. now he is telling me that he wants me to hurry up and file because " he does not want me to be held responsible for the "repricutions of what he is doing if it does not work out the way he wants it to" i am not a cosigner on anything of his. i do not file taxes with him. we do not have the same bank accounts. and he has not been here since 12-01.
is he right? could i have to pay off his debts just because i have his name?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">