• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statutory Rape, Pregancy and Montana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Maldo81

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Montana

Here is the issue I am facing. I am 20, going on 21, the girl is 14, although she told me she was 16. She is pregnant with my child. Technically I would be leaving for Florida in two weeks for college, I am resident of Oklahoma, she is resident of Montana. I think it would be in the best interest of all parties if she came with me to Florida to live with me. The reality of going to jail is something I face although it has not come up yet, her parents know and while upset are very supportive on things. How can I legaly take her with me to Florida being as to how marriage in Montana cant be done when one party is under the age of 16? And a few other questions, If you have not been charged with anything can you still seek counsil from a Public Defender? And does being charged with Statutory Rape depend on the parents pressing charges?

kat1963

Taking her to Florida huh? Not without her parents consent unless you want to be looking at federal kidnapping charges.The parent's don't have to press charges, the police or social services just have to be informed. Then the DA (state) will charge you. You could be charged with, among other things (including child abuse since she's under 16 & therefore can NOT legally give her consent), unlawful sexual activity (2nd degree felony) which could earn you a nice cell for up to 15 years. (and you can also register as a sexual offender where ever you go for the rest of your life, should really help increase the value of your college education with that!) Also in Florida, you can be charged for up to 3 years following her 18th birthday. I can see you being turned in at anytime due to manatory reporting from medical staff ect.
I highly suggest that if termination isn't possible that this young girl seek to have the child put up for adoption. There are also plenty of unwed mother homes (just do an internet search) where she can get the medical and other COUNSELING that she is going to need.
I suggest you get Mr. Happy tied in knot and seek the advice of a criminal attorney ASAP (most have free or low cost consults).
KAT

M

Maldo81

Few more questions, we live in an Indian reservation, she is indian, I am not. As I understand it things that happen here do not go to state court, they go straight to federal if you are not indian. Since I am not indian does it go straight to federal? Her parents permision I do have. To clear some things up while I understand that automatically I am bound to be viewed as a criminal there were and are no criminal intentions in this whole situation, I thought she was 16, which in this state makes it legal, and second Mr Happy had not been used two years prior to this incident so I apreciate those kind of comments to be kept to yourself. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">