• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible separation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Hopesgone

What is the name of your state? Maine
Ugh......here's the deal. Im looking to move out, My husband and I have been married a year and a half (have been together 7 years, have 2 kids together, blah blah blah).......
After getting married we decided it'd be beneficial for me to stay home with our young kids, sO I did. I do have a B.S. and am activeley looking for a teaching position but that doesn't help me now. I need to move out........bottom line......what are his obligations? he acquired some land after we got married, and Im really not looking to get that, I just have access to NO money and can't leave. I was thinking of legal separation for the time being, but what will that allow me? I don't know, I just feel so helpless right now..........even if I did get a job right now, I wouldn't start 'til the end of August, and even then I would have to save up! Sorry for taking up so much room.....am feeling very discouraged!
Thanks for any help you may have!

kidoday

You don't explain why you need to move, but with most legal separations you will be entitled to cs I am not sure about alimony.

Unless you have to - don't move until August or ask him to move. That is if he knows about the legal separation.

Good Luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">