• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help - He's cleaning me out!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kidoday

What is the name of your state? MI

My husband has not lived here for a week and each time over here takes something else. No big deal since I have been here when he was taking things they were and are of not much importance to me.

However, he keeps coming over when I am not here and has now cleaned out the garage taking everything including all the rakes and shovels, tools, hoses, etc.

How do I get this to stop before he comes into the house and I come home to nothing? I can not afford to protect the house every hour and I can not put my children in the middle of this as he does these things.

Thanks

G

grandpabri

kidoday said:
What is the name of your state? MI

My husband has not lived here for a week and each time over here takes something else. No big deal since I have been here when he was taking things they were and are of not much importance to me.

However, he keeps coming over when I am not here and has now cleaned out the garage taking everything including all the rakes and shovels, tools, hoses, etc.

How do I get this to stop before he comes into the house and I come home to nothing? I can not afford to protect the house every hour and I can not put my children in the middle of this as he does these things.

Thanks
With all due respect if you have not filed any papers everything in the house is as much his as it is yours. He can, and has decided to, take anything and everything he wants. Until you have some legal document saying he can not do this, he is within his legal rights to do so. Morally, now that is another story.

But this is a board about legal issues, not moral ones.

Go see a lawyer and get something filed.

Good Luck

kidoday

The papers were filed in June and we are waiting for the first hearing. I contacted my attorney who is contacting his to get him under control. He can take whatever he needs to live, that would be too easy and look too nice. He rould rather take everything under the sun. If he doesn't decist my attorney is going to file a TRO. Hopefully I will still have things left.

I have changed the locks, but when he comes over and the girls are home alone - and yes they are old enough - they let him in. How sad for them.

Thanks for your help.

nailtech

Beth3 said:
How about having the locks changed?
changing locks with out papers wont do any good,... all he has to do is break a window or crawl through one, its still his house and you can not get in trouble for breaking into your own house.. file papers then change the locks..... then it will be breaking and entering... or trespassing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">