• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with Stolen Merchandise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

Infrared

Michigan

A few weeks ago me and my fellow roomate aquired illegally a grille that is worth a substantial amount of money totally over $2,000. Recently we were tipped by an outside source that we had the grille, we were then watched and pictures were taken of us with the grille from the outside of the residence, they then busted us at our home and immediately questioned us about the stolen merchandise and proceeded to search the house for other stolen goods with our consent because we had nothing else to hide. They then took the grille into their custody, gave us a business card, told us to stay in contact and left. My question is "What should we do next?".

Beth3

Who's "they"? As in "they then busted us at our home and immediately questioned us about the stolen merchandise..." The police? If so, then I suggest you get a lawyer as you were found in possession of stolen merchandise and you can expect to be criminally charged.

If "they" are somebody other than the police, then please post back and explain who you're talking about.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">