• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

juvenile auto theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ar2be42

What is the name of your state? Ohio
Mt daughter and a friend took the friends G'mother's car and wrecked it in the parking lot of the apartment where the friend and her G'mother lived, hitting 2 cars and damaging the bumpers. My daughter was driving and after the accident both girls ran back into the house. The friend ordered my daughter to leave and she did and ran to another friends house and stayed the night. Police took a report and the friend said that my daughter took the keys and the car without her knowledge and wrecked it; that she was upstairs when it happened. The truth is that they both planned it and planned to meet a couple of boys at the Dairy Mart up the street. The friend took the keys out from under her G'mother's pillow where she hides them because the girl had done this herself the previous month. This happened in June and last night the friend contacted my daughter and said that her G'mother would drop the charges if my daughter tells the same story that the friend has told. My question, isn't the Prosecutor the one who decides whether charges are brought or does the G'mother have some say in this? And if my daughter tol her story to match her friends, wouldn't that absolve the other girl of any and all responsibility? Thanks, Rick

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">