• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Caught up in a divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kmt

What is the name of your state? tx

I started dating a man before his divorce was final and now his wife states that she is going to sue me for mental anguish / adultry. She is stating that he left her because of me which is not the case. Can she?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kmt said:
What is the name of your state? tx

I started dating a man before his divorce was final and now his wife states that she is going to sue me for mental anguish / adultry. She is stating that he left her because of me which is not the case. Can she?
My response:

What she's trying to say is that she is going to sue you for "Alienation of Affections." While she can certainly "try" to sue you, she won't be able to in the long run - - that's because Texas does not recognize the Causes of Action for "Alienation of Affections," "Criminal Conversion" or "Civil Conversion."

Just tell the old gas-bag to "go ahead, make my day. But, while you're trying to sue me, all the while, I'm still going to be boinking your husband."

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">