• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bigamy and children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NancyAngel

What is the name of your state?
This is a loaded question and upon my explanation you will understand. I just found out that my 2nd marriage was performed before my divorce was finalized from my 1st husband. Me and hubby #2. were married July 2 and the divorce from hubby #1 was not finalized until July 27th. The marriage took place in S.C. The divorce from hubby #1 in Florida. I was with hubby #2 for 6 years and have 2 boys ages 4 and 6. Because my husband changed my PO Box by forging my name so therefore I was never notified of the divorce hearing bresides my ex telling me the case was to be heard at 9:30 and when I arrived the bailiff told me it was really at 9 a.m ....I was divorced and had lost my children, so hubby got custody of the childrenby Florida courts.
He has the children in West Virginia I am in Georgia. He refuses to even let me talk to them now and I am to go back to court in Florida on the 16th to let the court know he is not living up to the visitation agreement but this is an ongoing thing with him. I just got a letter stating that he says he has a job and since he is sole provider for the boys he only has to call the court he doesnt have to appear and that he is getting jurisdiction moved to West Virginia. Does this make the marriage and divorce null and void....How do I get my boys back?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">