• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pamela c. m

What is the name of your state? Californa
7/11/2002

Hi my name is Pamela I hope you can help me.

We bought a house with these people; they told us they would take care of our credit.
We had a few debts. We told them we wanted to take care of them first before we did business with them or any other realtor, they persisted to till us we where ready to buy now. So we seen a house we liked, went through all the paper work, after closing they asked us for the money we had saved up for the debts, we gave it to them, a few months later they give us a bill we where never told we would be charged, if we knew that we would have waited and taken care of it ourselves like we started to do.

We where never asked to sign any thing for this, or told. So we where surprised to get a bill, an outrageous one, on top of that! They are charging us for a day they went to the court house on a holiday! Veteran’s Day. I would think businesses would know what day’s courts and all businesses are closed. I have tried to negotiate the price with them, but they won’t and now they have sent this bill to a collection agency. I have till the 17th to pay or it well go on credit report. On top of all that our credit report was still a mess
We refinanced the house and a lot of trouble, so I wrote letters had them notarized, made phone calls, faxes, ECT.

I have written a letter to the collection agency to show that we owe this also requested signatures, I know there isn’t any, but it takes 30 day’s

These people are so dishonest, there secretary stole the mortgage payment I gave them, and then tried to say we didn’t pay. I hade to go to the trouble of finding out what happened, got the money back trough an investigation they fond she put her name on the check; they never fired her or gave an apology. So we disparately need some legal advice
Please help us with some advice or refer us to someone, we can’t afford an attorney.

I am thinking of paying it with credit card, because I know it’s hard to get off credit report wail we are waiting? Can we still get our money back if after we find we don’t owe this? Please Help ASAP THANK YOU. PAMELA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">