• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex charged w/ Aggravated Assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jakilee

What is the name of your state? TX

My ex has just informed me that he was charged (and spent a week in jail before being bonded out) with Aggravated Assault.
He approached a car w/ two teenagers that were racing up and down his street with a crow bar in his hand. I am not sure of all the small details.

He was arrested in 93 for Theft Over $750 (Felony 3rd Degree) and has been back in Jail twice since then for Probation Violation (drugs and failure to report to PO).

What I would like to know....and I realize this will be in General Terms...what are the odds of him going back to Jail? Will his previous arrests have any affect? If he does go to Jail...what is the general sentencing time?

Also, he does pay Child Support off and on (it is being paid thru the TX Atty Gen's office) and is in arrearages. IF he should go to Jail, is CS suspended for the time while he is incarerated? Or is CS accuring more arreages?

Thanks for any information! :)

J

juicysaunders

As far as I know, child support does not stop accruing while incarcerated. My sisters husband went to jail for 3 months, and while he was away, he accrued 1800 in child support, which he had to pay back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">