• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bennett Auto screwed us

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Florida is where I live and we purchased a set of heads that were suposed to be machined from Bennett auto. to make a long story short the heads were no good and we brought them to a mechanic refered by Bennett auto. then we ended up having to pay $333.00 for this to be fixed. 3000 miles later the heads started tapping again so we brought it back to the Bennett refered mechanic where he proceeded to inform us that the lifters had to be replaced. To quote the mechanic "They did a **** job at the machine shop" nevertheless this cost us an additional $265.00 Now we are out an additional $618.00 over and above what we would have paid had the heads been correctly done from jump street. What can I do. How can I make this right? I don't have much money so an attorney is out of the question unles there is one that will take this on the contract that if we get money they get paid. Please help me
Thank you
lookitsmary

racer72

I have vast experience building engines for the track and street and the problems you describe have absolutely nothing to do with the heads. It sounds as if whoever installed the heads did not adjust the valves correctly. This caused damage to the lifter which is why they were replaced. Your gripe should be with the installation, not the heads themselves. Also, your claim would be far too small for a lawyer to accept the case. If you feel you have a claim, consider small claims court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">