• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Foot surgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

peepap

What is the name of your state? Texas

I had foot surgery done by a local podiatrist working in the hospital where I was working full-time. part of my benefit package was 100% insurance coverage if I had procedures done at this hospital.
That was 3 years ago and now the Podiatrist is attempting to sue me for the payment that he never got reimbursed for.

Should he deal with this matter with that insurance company rather than me ? He was the one that convinced me to have him do it at that hospital because of the so called 100% benefit.:confused:

JETX

"Should he deal with this matter with that insurance company rather than me ? He was the one that convinced me to have him do it at that hospital because of the so called 100% benefit"

Sorry to give you the news, but the insurance benefit is YOURS, not the doctors. And if you read the papers you signed when you authorized treatment, you will probably see a clause where YOU agreed to be responsible for payment for services. YOU need to contact YOUR insurance carrier and find out why they didn't pay the bill. And in the meantime, you need to let the doctor know that you are trying to resolve this issue and HOPE that he doesn't turn you over to collections.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">