• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Travel Agency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sambob

What is the name of your state? florida
travel agent set up flights from oregon to south carolina for parents who require oxygen and son. arrive for flights and find out plane is not equipped for extra oxygen. call agent, spend extra night in motel and leave the next evening after paying for new tickets (500). no refund available on old tickets. agent blames airline, airline blames agent. can i sue, who and for how much?

J

joseph17

travel agency

I am not an attorney, but a travel agent (NJ). My first question is :

Was anything put in writing about the special need and/or arrangement for oxygen? Or was everything verbal?

Even if there was something in writing that the oxygen was requested of the airline by the agent, agencies often state (in writing) that client requests are not necessarily guaranteed (unless it says "guaranteed") and cannot be held responsible for the actions (or inactions) of others. But, since I'm not an attorney, hopefully one will respond to clarify.

Joe/NJ

p.s. I believe that agencies have a responsibility to offer the client the opportunity to purchase travel insurance, which may have covered your added expenses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">