• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenile matter - need advice quick!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

data1

Pennsylvania
The 15 yr. old son of a friend was in an incident today where he accidentally shot another kid with a b.b. gun (juvenile horseplay). The parent of the other boy called the police. The state police took the boy, had his probation revoked, and shipped him off to a detention center in a matter of an hour. The boy's mother was not allowed to accompany him to the police station. The police later called her and told her that the boy was "sent to a detention center in the next county." They wouldn't say where he was sent and told her to call his probation officer tomorrow for details. The mother is in hysterics and doesn't know how to EVEN FIND OUT WHERE HER SON IS. She can't afford an attrorney. How can she get help quick?

D

deweydecimal

oh come on let the boy rot for a while....in detention.

bb gun, and on probation....let him get used to life in jail, he will be spending lots of time there soon enough.

You will realize soon enough only the really really stupid people wind up in jail....

and this was a very very stupid act....shooting someone with a bb gun while on probation.

Last edited:
D

data1

thanks

It was an accident. Kids screwing around. But it's alright to put the kid in jail, and not even tell the mother where, or allow her to be present for questioning?

Thanks for the sympathy, anyway.

K

kcdogg

I don't know about PA, but in Ca the parent should be present in questioning. I had a situation where my son was questioned, not detained or charged and a attorney told me that I should heve been present, check your state web site for applicable laws or contact an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">