• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

this is kinda long but i need it fast....please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

boo1212

this is kinda long but i need it fast....please help (click on sub like when lookin)

What is the name of your state? delaware

hi i have a problem that involes one of my friends. there is this girl in his neighborhood that has been hitting him and finds any other way of hurting him. about a month ago this girl tried to hit him and he defended himself and kind of pushed her away not trying to hurt her but just so she wont try to hit him again. She made a big deal about it and was like making a big scene until he got annoy and mad. online he said that if she tried to hurt him again that he would hit hurt back and they both exchanged words. she showed her parents the message and made it seem like he was the bad one and that he was the one hurting her. he even tried to apolgizes to her but she mad it seem like he was being mean again. now a month later her parents decide to show the email convo to his parents and tell them that they are going to take them to court and have my friend locked up. and they are saying that their daughter has to go inside now when ever he is walking in the neighborhood with his friends or when ever he is outside though he hasnt said anything to her since all this happend. he says that he didnt mean anything he said to her online that he was just blowing off steam. what i need to know is do her parents have a case? can they take them to court ? is the convo for online still valid even though it was written a month ago? if they can take him to court would he have a good chance of winning b/c the girls is just as much at fault?if he does n is guilt what would be the likely sentence since he is almost 16? and since he tells me everything, b/c im his best friend and he has never in the past lied to me, would i need to posabably testify in court on his behalf? if u could please email me at [email protected] with your advice it would be a whole lot easier:confused: :confused:

Last edited:

W

waycozy

I have police officer experience in New Mexico since I am a retired police officer myself. I am not sure of your state laws but most states are similar in their laws. From what you have said, the most he could be charged with would be harrassment, assault and possibly battery. All are relatively minor charges in most cases and with him being only 15 at the time of offense, the most he should possibly receive is six months in juvenille detention or more likely one year probation, if he is in fact found to be guilty. My suggestion is that he avoid all contact with her like the plague. Any time he is outside, he should be having an adult with him or at least keep an eye open for him. You would be a nice character witness for him but the courts look more favorably on an adult for that type of witness. Tell him to put NOTHING in writting to or for her because it could come back in court to bite him no matter the intention of it. I hope this helps you and him. If I can be of further assistance, please let me know and please let me know if this letter was of any help for this predicament.

Wayne
[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">