• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adultery Laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lcboogie12

What is the name of your state? Oh
My husband and I are currently in the process of filing for divorce. He is serving in the military so the process isn't exaclty what it is in the civilian world. I have recently discovered that he perhaps was been running around with a minor. I have collected his emails, my question is are emails enougth proof of adultery? What exaclty needs to be stated in them? If anyone can help please reply I need as must help as possible!
Thanks

nailtech

I dont know how military divorces go,. but in most states that are NO FAULT divorce you dont need to show adultery as a reason to divorce,..

(not sure about all states), adultery is not against the law but sleeping with a minor is.... and I dont think the military will look at it kindly either.... having a computer relationship is not considered having an affair from what I have read on here, but if the emails say things about the affair their having, now that might be a different story... I dont think it(adultery) will get you anymore in a divorce settlement but (sleeping with a minor) it might ruin him if thats what your out for... Just my opinion...

L

lcboogie12

According to UMCJ regulations it is unlawful to commit adultery and of course have any type of relationship/friendship with a minor. The emails do state things that would lead someone to believe that was some type of interaction between them. At this point in time a military lawyer has said that they are starting to prosecute for adultery. I was hoping someone would be able to give me a better idea of what exactly needed to be stated in the emails in order to get him busted. Thank you for reply - i appreciate it!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">