• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driver's License Suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bmngdex

What is the name of your state? Washington, DC
In 1972 had an accident in Baltimore, Maryland. Did not receive a ticket for the accident but a gentleman riding me with was injured. In October of 2001 renewed my DC license and two day later received a notice that my license were suspended. Upon checking found that the MD Auto Insuarance fund had asked for a suspension of my license because of the accident of 1972. Seems that in 1973 they paid the gentleman injured $7500 in a court agreement; something that was alll new to me. Never served to come to court and the car did not belong to me. They are now asking me for restitution of the $7500 plust interest ($12,000) to get my DC license reinstated. Is there not a statute of limitation that would cover this 1973 payment?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">