• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

used car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MJM

What is the name of your state? california

I purchased a used car last October and immediately felt something was wrong. In december the engine blew and so I replaced it. Two days later the engine blew again, and once again I replaced the engine. I still felt that something was wrong, so I bought a new car and gave the old car to my mother. That was in March, and she is having to replace the engine again. Is there anything we can do?

M

MJM

meaning are we entitled to some money back from either the person who sold us the car or the persons who installed the engines. we have spent more than we paid for the car on repairs.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

MJM said:
meaning are we entitled to some money back from either the person who sold us the car or the persons who installed the engines. we have spent more than we paid for the car on repairs.
My response:

Unless the seller of the car gave you a written warranty of some sort, then you have no rights against the seller. The car was purchased "as-is."

Insofar as the engines are concerned, again, if you received some sort of written warranty with the engines, and the engines failed within that warranty period, then you may be able to make a claim against the engine supplier; e.g., the mechanic, and / or the company that sold them to you.

Good luck.

IAAL

HomeGuru

MJM said:
What is the name of your state? california

I purchased a used car last October and immediately felt something was wrong. In december the engine blew and so I replaced it. Two days later the engine blew again, and once again I replaced the engine. I still felt that something was wrong, so I bought a new car and gave the old car to my mother. That was in March, and she is having to replace the engine again. Is there anything we can do?
**A: return your mother and buy another new car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">