• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need GOOD advice ASAP....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Midgetwu

What is the name of your state? Maryland

I'm 22 years old...my friend sold me car and i honestly didn't know that it had fake/stolen tags on it. But i was driving one night and got pulled over by the cops...they searched my car and in my purse i had a fake MD Licence...he gave me a summon to go to court and let me go wit my car without tags...what kind of trouble will i get into with having the fake licence?? I've NEVER been in any kind of legal trouble...and now i don't know what to do...and how to solve this problem..my court date is August 8th...will I go to PRISON for this..????:( ...Please HELP me...with what to do..and might happen to me....Thaanx..

JETX

I doubt that you will go to prison, but you very probably will pay a substantial fine and possibly have a probated county jail sentence.

Actually, one of the more expensive events will be that any of the following will give you TWELVE (12) points on your driving record:
"Display, cause or permit to be displayed, or have in his possession any cancelled, revoked, suspended, fictitious or altered license.
Display or represent as his own, the license of another.
Failure or refusal to surrender cancelled, revoked or suspended license .
Lending or borrowing a license."
Source: http://www.raycarignan.com/traffic_vio.htm

Further bad news: "A driver who has a total of 8 to 11 points assessed against his or her record during a two year period is subject to a license suspension hearing. A driver who has had 12 points assessed during the same time period is subject to a license revocation hearing."

M

Midgetwu

thaanx...but I need more Questions answered..PLEASE

What does "Probated county jail sentence" mean..?...and 12 points on my driving record mean that I can't drive again..? How can i prevent all this from happening..? How can i defend myself from anything bad happening...because I'm NOT working...and when I got caught with the ID the police offer confiscated it..wil the Judge have the ID in his possession at the court hearing..??..thaanx once again..

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: thaanx...but I need more Questions answered..PLEASE

Midgetwu said:
What does "Probated county jail sentence" mean..?...

MY RESPONSE: It simply means that after you die, they'll stick your ugly carcass behind bars for the rest of eternity . . .

and 12 points on my driving record mean that I can't drive again..?

MY RESPONSE: It could very well be that you won't be able to drive again. Remember, driving is a privilege - - not a "right."

How can i prevent all this from happening..? How can i defend myself from anything bad happening...because I'm NOT working...

MY RESPONSE: You may not be able to "prevent this from happening." It's a good thing you're not working. The court will be able to give you plenty of community service hours - - while you're alive (See above for penalties after death).

and when I got caught with the ID the police offer confiscated it..wil the Judge have the ID in his possession at the court hearing..??

MY RESPONSE: Yes, of course. It's called "evidence." What did you think they were going to do with it ?

..thaanx once again..

MY RESPONSE: You're welcome. Anytime you need an uplifting discussion, you make sure to come back here and ask for good ol'

IAAL

JETX

Q1) "What does "Probated county jail sentence" mean..?"
A1) It means that if you have a clean record as you state, there is a good chance that if you were to get a county jail sentence, it would probably be probated. For example, you might get 30 days in county jail, but allowed to be 'free' as long as you report to a parole officer, probably every month for a year or two.

Q2) "and 12 points on my driving record mean that I can't drive again..?"
A2) That is what the statute says.

Q3) "How can i prevent all this from happening..?"
A3) The way to prevent it was to not let it happen. You did, and now you have to 'pay the piper' for your actions. It is possible that an attorney MIGHT be able to benefit your case, so I suggest you talk with one.

Q4) "How can i defend myself from anything bad
happening...because I'm NOT working...and when I got caught with the ID the police offer confiscated it"
A4) As noted above, AFTER you break the law and get caught is NOT the time to worry about anything 'bad happening'. And of course the officer confiscated the fake ID. Did you expect him to let you keep the evidence???

Q5) "wil the Judge have the ID in his possession at the court hearing..??"
A5) No. The prosecutor should have it.... and introduce it as evidence against you.

Please understand, no one (especially me) can tell what might happen in YOUR case... so my comments above are GENERAL only... and not specfic.

Best of luck.... but the time to worry about 'not doing the time' was BEFORE you decided to break the law.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My further response:

I can see the judge, right now. He'll stand up behind his bench, pick up the vehicle code book, and wind up like Don Drysdale, and chuck that book at you at about 90 miles per hours.

That's what's called "throwing the book at you."

". . . and here comes the 3-2 pitch (whoosh) and, oooooh . . . he got beaned in the head ! ! Hey, did you know, beans and franks are an all-around American family favorite? Yes, Hansom's Pork and Beans have been a family picnic favorite for over 100 years - - try some today!

. . . and, our new batter in the box is Pedro Sanchez, number 32. Hey, did you know Pedro swam the entire width of the Rio Grande back in '72, before becoming a "family favorite" at baseball games. Yes, it's true."

. . . and the count is 1 and 1, here at Fenway Park . . .

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">