• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shooting Bird Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Fay W.

What is the name of your state? Alabama

my son and ed have history of other harassment charges before the most recent one. last one he got 12 months probation 15 days jail. No contact

my son and ed live a mile and half from each other. ed has to come by where he lives to get to the stores here.
my son was out riding his motorcycle one evening there's a car stop at the stop sigh. (about a block from my house)just kept sitting there finally someone on the driver's side motions for him to move up. he does, relized it was ed turns around to leave shooting ed a bird. nothing said,no threats from the dirt bike you would have to bend down to see anyone in passenger side.

go to court ed story is my son circled the car shooting birds stopped and put his finger against the passenger side window where his wife was. My son did not see her in the car!

ed said it happened in front of my house. this did not happen in front of my house on the day he said.

my question is shouldn't my son lawyer had said something about this in court.?

I asked him why and he told me it would not have made a difference. they would have just said they made a mistake about the location. there's a big differece between in front of my house and a block away.

judge belives ed gets 24 months probation 30 days jail but he revoked his 165 day previous probation. Since when is shooting someone a bird harassment? I thought it was freedom of speech?

lawyer appealed go back to court in Oct.
my question is this, the lawyer told me nothing could be done about this except my son moving.
if he goes to court with a jury they still don't believe him,he serves 7 months he still has 24 months probation and this will continue to happen everytime they see each other.

did i need to find another lawyer? Can't anything be done to put a stop to these?

need help asap!!!!!! Fay

stephenk

1. Tell your son to grow up;
2. kick him out of the house so he has to support himself and see what living in the real world is all about;
3. tell your son to leave ed alone.
4. make him pay for his own attorney. The more you enable his criminal behavior and find excuses for his actions, the more you are going to get late night calls from the police telling you your son has been arrested.

F

Fay W.

stephenk said:
1. Tell your son to grow up;

I have already told my son to grow up and doesn't live with me and he does support himself.

2. kick him out of the house so he has to support himself and see what living in the real world is all about;
3. tell your son to leave ed alone.

He has been told this several times it's not like he goes out looking for him. They met by accident and he did not threaten him just shot him a bird.

4. make him pay for his own attorney. The more you enable his criminal behavior and find excuses for his actions, the more you are going to get late night calls from the police telling you your son has been arrested.
He has paid me back for the attorney, I don't enable his behavior what so ever and I'm not making excuses for him.
I just feel like the attorney could have asked a few more questions. Yes he shot the bird at ED he did not circle the car.
I think the dirt bike is very annoying and if I had heard him doing this in front of my house I would have put a stop to it right then.
I think I know my son a little better than you and one thing he would not do this in front of my house because he knows I would let him have it . I DON'T CARE HOW OLD HE HIS!!!!

i just wanted some anwers on the questions the lawyer could have asked.
There's always two sides to every story and I can asure you ed is not total innocent either.

stephenk

since your son has already been convicted of harassing ed in the past, why do you believe your son is being absolutely truthful with you. he has more to gain by lying.

C

CaliCat

Shooting bird? Do you mean the middle finger? Just checking ,because if so, we call that flipping someone off. In some places, that's a hostile sign, and in gang-areas (I'm not saying your son and Ed are in gangs....) it can get you killed.

K

knorris

Tell him what my mom once told me, You stick that finger up again and I'll break it off..:D

N

Nismoz32

Sorry =(

I am sorry that nobody will answer your ? I am only 17 so I dont really know but I would trade places with your son in a sec. I have felony theft charges against me and this is just because I was in a car with someone.

Texas

matt

C

CaliCat

my son was out riding his motorcycle one evening there's a car stop at the stop sigh. (about a block from my house)just kept sitting there finally someone on the driver's side motions for him to move up. he does, relized it was ed turns around to leave shooting ed a bird. nothing said,no threats from the dirt bike you would have to bend down to see anyone in passenger side.

go to court ed story is my son circled the car shooting birds stopped and put his finger against the passenger side window where his wife was. My son did not see her in the car!

I DO NOT BELIEVE YOUR SON. IF THEY ARE FRIENDS, NOTHING WOULD HAVE COME OF THIS IF IT'S AS YOUR SON SAYS. IF HE DID PUT HIS FINDER UP TO THE WINDOW, HE WOULD DEFINITELY HAVE SEEN HER. I THINK BOTH SIDES HAS A LIE GOING ON.

ed said it happened in front of my house. this did not happen in front of my house on the day he said.

DO YOU WATCH THE FRONT OF YOUR HOUSE 24/7 TO KNOW THIS FACT? WITH YOUR SON'S HISTORY?

my question is shouldn't my son lawyer had said something about this in court.?

IT'S SOMETHING YOUR SON SAID, AND CAN'T PROVE-A LAWYER RELAYS THE FACTS, NOT CLAIMS.

I asked him why and he told me it would not have made a difference. they would have just said they made a mistake about the location. there's a big differece between in front of my house and a block away.

HMMMM.... WHERE I COME A BLOCK AWAY IS CLOSE ENOUGH. LAWYER IS CORRECT, AND THE LOCATION DOESN'T REALLY MATTER AT ALL ANYWAY.

judge belives ed gets 24 months probation 30 days jail but he revoked his 165 day previous probation. Since when is shooting someone a bird harassment? I thought it was freedom of speech?

IT'S A SIGN OF HOSTILITY. IN THE MID-EAST, SLAPPING A RIGHT HAND ON THE LEFT BICEP WHILE CURLING THE LEFT FORARM UP IS BIG HOSTILITY. SO IF I SAID TO YOU, "I AM GOING TO KILL YOU BECAUSE I HATE YOU," IS THAT FREE SPEECH OR A THREAT?

lawyer appealed go back to court in Oct.
my question is this, the lawyer told me nothing could be done about this except my son moving.

YOUR SON NEEDS TO GET AWAY FROM ED, AND YOU OBVIOUSLY CAN'T FORCE HIM TO MOVE. I HAD A FRIENDIN HIGH SCHOOL WHO WAS SO THREATENED BY HER EX-BOYFRIEND THAT SHE WAS THE ONE TO MOVE SO THAT HER WEARABOUTS WERE UNKNOWN TO HIM. IF HE MOVED, HE WOULD STILL KNOW WHERE SHE LIVED. HER POOR FAMILY HAD TO LEAVE THEIR INHERITED HOME THAT HAD BEEN IN THEIR FAMILY A COUPLE HUNDRED YEARS.

if he goes to court with a jury they still don't believe him,he serves 7 months he still has 24 months probation and this will continue to happen everytime they see each other.

SO MOVE SO THEY DON'T SEE EACH OTHER.

did i need to find another lawyer? Can't anything be done to put a stop to these?

SEE, LADY, YOUR SON HAS A HISTORY, AND THAT DEEPLY IMPARES HIS CREDIBILITY, ESPECIALLY WHEN THIS IF OVER HARASSMENT AND HIS HISTORY IS-WHAT'S THAT?-HARASSMENT CHARGES. KICK HIM OUT AND MAKE HIM MOVE AWAY. HE'S A BIG BOY AND MUST SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES OF HIS ACTIONS. HE KNOWS THEM, AND I FEEL NO PITY FOR HIM AS HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING AND WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO HIM AS THE RESULT.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">