• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who gets the house?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

debbie313131

What is the name of your state? pennsylvania
Our home was bought after we were married. It was in both of our names. I was pregnant and not working when we refinanced it so it is not in my name any longer. Does he have the right to keep the house after the divorce?

C

CombatTN88

debbie313131 said:
What is the name of your state? pennsylvania
Our home was bought after we were married. It was in both of our names. I was pregnant and not working when we refinanced it so it is not in my name any longer. Does he have the right to keep the house after the divorce?
It doesn't matter if your name is not on it. Once you are married, you are eligable to get anything jointly. You got a house after you were married, so you are an joint owner.

It is likely that you will get a house because the court prefered women and children to have house as men get out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">