• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extra Damages After Repairs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tinman1412

What is the name of your state? Texas

Hello, I posted this last week and hasn't gotten any response. Below is the repost. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong or why I'm not getting any responses. Thanks

I need some advice, I'm not even sure if this is the right forum. Anyways, here's my situation. I recently took my car in to a body shop to get repairs done. When I went to pick up the car, I found a dent that was not there before. I spoke with the person in charge and they deny fault. I call my insurance who is paying for the repairs, but they say that there's nothing they can do. I took some pictures of the damages and took the car home. I called the body shop to find out their insurance carrier to make the claim, but they would not provide me with this information. Please let me know what my options are and what I should do.

JETX

Your only real options are a lawsuit for the damages. Regretably, it will be your word (damage not pre-existing) against theirs (was existing). Do you have any proof or evidence to support your claim?? Something to consider (depending on the insured damage), a lot of insurance adjusters are taking digital images of the vehicle damage at the time it was inspected. Contact your adjuster and ask if he had any pictures that might show the area you are now claiming as damaged.

Further, do you have any independent verification of the condition (fellow workers, neighbors, etc.) prior to it being taken for repairs. Sometimes they can help to establish that the damage was not existing immediately prior to the claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">