• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to get spouse out of house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

helpwanted

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Currently married 8 yrs. Have 2 children (mine from previous marriage, not his). We have everything in separate names. I own house exclusively. He has not worked in over 5 yrs. I've asked him to leave more than a dozen times in last 6-7 months. How can I get him to leave? What is the best solution? First concern is getting him to leave. Second concern is my assets and what he has rights to.

kat1963

The deed doesn't matter in VA...what our poster is going to need to do is prove he hasn't a job for 5 years or contributed to the household in anyway. (watch him claim child care and house repairs) She also needs to file a seperation agreement. Here you go Buddddddyyyy, see ya, see ya, wouldn't want to be ya! But chances are, he has no place to go and it would be hard to get him out before the divorce. Luckily, since they don't have any children together it should only take 6 months. Make sure you get yourself a good lawyer, there are so many horrible ones in VA. Call the VA Bar Association for a reference. Hopefully you won't have to buy him out or...gaddsss...pay him any spousal support.
KAT

Cost me $7.99 last night at B&N for Green Eggs and Ham...geezzz.

KAT

A

ahutchGA

Book

It started out as fun
To read that book to my son.
But now it drags on slow.
To bed, without, my son won't go!

:)

I have a 3 year old and he loves Green Eggs and Ham.

Personally, I think Sam-I-Am is stalking the narrator (harassment?), but that's just me!

:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">